Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Game Continues

Friday truly was a day to remember in these markets. Please read my post from Thursday night, here is the link http://tradermartinstake.blogspot.com/2013/08/it-just-does-not-add-up.html

I am only going to post 2 charts this weekend, the US dollar and Gold. They are both hourly charts,

First, look at the reaction in the dollar, plunge and then sideways for the remainder of the day. Gold, look at that reaction to the disappointing job number! Typical suppression though, a $20+ drop overnight while waiting for the all important number, uhmmmm, I wonder what was behind that move.

The thing that has me upset with the financial markets is how the US equities are now at all time highs. Completely asinine but what can you do, I guess. The markets were down all day and in the last half hour, they surged to give the Dow a close of more than 30 points in the green. Forget the job number and everything else lousy about the economy, just buy stocks because the FED is has got everything under control. I really do hope this move came just from thin summer markets and no one left on the trading floor on an August Friday. Things should get interesting next week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I promise to get more in depth about the markets on Monday.

As far as the economy goes, please read this story
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/new-jobs-disproportionately-low-pay-or-part-time

Sorry to be so short but it is very frustrating dealing with markets that are just manipulated so much, but I think I get to the point.

Thanks for reading and again, enjoy your weekend
Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment