Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Warning Signals?

These markets are simply boring, there is no other way to explain the nonsense that we are witnessing on a day to day basis. I remember when the FED meetings actually meant something and we had some extreme volatility in the markets. All the games being played by the INVISIBLE HAND for the past couple of years has certainly put a damper on my trading and so many more, that I am sure of. I guess if the POWERS THAT BE could have it their way, life is good when Stocks are on a one-way street at full speed and every other market just trades sideways to down. Last week I posted charts of US Bonds and showed an opportunity for some upside, with a bit of luck, we got some help from Cyprus. I want you to understand that I am always watching other markets for some cues and I do mention them from time to time, last night I promised some charts and I would like to show you what I have been noticing.

Again, most of the markets are trading sideways to down for the past 2 months now, STOCKS are the highflying cowboy! While the Dow Jones, as I have referred to, as HUMPTY DUMPTY keeps rolling along and ignoring the negativity, look what other markets are saying about global growth.
First, I bring to you Copper, which can be used as an indicator for future movements of stocks!
Please tell me if this looks like it wants to go higher.

Next, let us look at OIL
Again- sideways at best  to me, it looks like it may be headed lower. It certainly does not look that it is going to explode higher anytime soon!

I am going to put the CAD and Aussie charts together this evening because they have been moving very fractional for the past 48 hours now. You all know I love both of these currencies against the dollar and I know I wrote about them last night. The upside seems to have stalled for now and from my gut feeling, I believe they may be ready to roll over. Have a look, please
I do not want you to think that I am flip flopping here, you have to trade with an open mind and take what the market gives. This evening, during Asian hours we will be treated to the release of Chinese Manufacturing PMI, I am sure this may move the markets this evening. I hope I went over enough and at the same time did not overwhelm you but I wanted you all to see what I see developing.

Lastly, we must talk about GOLD. Boring as boring can be but I really feel like that will change real soon. We have been holding 1600 but I would really like to see 1620+ to get things exciting. If all my observations are correct and the markets start falling apart, then I think we get GOLD lifting off! I am telling you that this Cyprus thing is a much bigger deal than most think- THE BANKS ARE CLOSED UNTIL TUESDAY- over a full week! Two more quick tidbits- 1. Negative earnings and outlook from FEDEX, 2. After the closing bell ORACLE misses expectations and warns for the 4th quarter. I am noticing several cracks in LALALAND and GOLD seems to be building a solid base to launch from!

Thanks for Reading
BE STRONG
Martin



1 comment:

  1. you may see $1000. in gold before you see $1900. again.

    ReplyDelete