Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Growth ???

Good morning, when I was finished with my writing last night I left out one market that I have been watching and you all should be paying attention to. As it appears this morning that the US equities will indeed hit record highs today and you may hear news of it possibly later today, I am joking of course, this will indeed be pumped out all over the news today and this evening. Please have a look at the chart on OIL, and notice how it broke below $90 yesterday and is really not showing much in the way of a bounce along with the rise in equity futures.
This chart is not screaming global growth! Keep an eye on this market as equities rise and give the ILLUSION of a growing economy. Another one that I must point out is the bond market. Here is a chart on the US 30 Year Bond. When stocks rise as they have been, the price of bonds are supposed to go down. This chart may give the appearance that is going lower, however the INVISIBLE HAND did a great job a couple of weeks ago to keep this market from unraveling. Go back and through my posts and you will find my take on what is going on here.The 30 year treasury is priced in the 140's, where the stock market is today, and if all was well with the economy and the markets were traded FREELY, Bonds would be trading closer to the 100 level! Think about that folks!
What you are seeing today is a complete FARCE,in my humbled opinion- Stocks, Interest Rates, Gold& Silver are far from FREELY TRADED markets. We should be closer to a top in equities and a major bottom in Gold and Silver, but who knows how long THEY can keep this game going?
Stay tuned, I don't think I will be watching much TV today!
Enjoy the Day and I will leave you with some serenity.
Thanks
Martin

I am so proud to say that I took this picture, I got a tad lucky having the bird fly by! Too bad I haven't had such luck in the markets!


No comments:

Post a Comment